About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Sunday 12 March 2017

Embroidery - Week 1

I don't think my 10" embroidery hoop will last me the year of stitches after all as I have quite got into this melarky and I'd say a third of my blank tablecloth is stitched now!

Here's what I have been up to since my last WOYWW post on Wednesday and my initial start of this challenge on Monday.





I started with no real plan and just embroidered with lime green and Stem Stitch round an ivy leaf from the tablecloth design, then as per usual, the colour theme hit me!





Here's my colour plan!!!

So I did some turquoise Feather Stitch which turned into the sea, with its own little fish.




Some wispy green grasses followed, with Wheatear and Fly Stitches.







And then the sea grew with a shell and wave cut from felt with my trusty Cuttlebug and dies.




Plus Chain Stitch, Cable Chain Stitch, Running Stitch, Chevron Stitch, Bullion Stitch and a myriad of French Knots.







Really pleased but think it might become
"1 Month of Stitches" - LOL.

No comments: