About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 31 May 2017

WOYWW #417 - A Shambles

My desk seems to be is a state of, I will do it sometime!

I did a couple of scrapbook pages in my usual style, here's one.

The other is of my "birthing partner" experience so really can't show it.


Anyway having been part of the, "For the Love Of Pretty Paper (UK Scrapbooking Group)" for a few weeks I thought I'd try a painted background.

I have an idea (on the lines of my journal page and ATCs), I even got some paint out but that's as far as it went...........





There was something else on the desk before I photographed it this morning and that was pages of lists of stuff to do. There seems to be a lot of deadlines at the moment, things to remember to do and it is all getting out of hand.

But the best part of the week was the HAPPY MAIL. I have received 3 ATCs from the mega anniversary of last week so far. From Shaz, Julia and my SWAPee Angela. I love them all.

I seem to have a few left to SWAP if anyone would like one still.

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. I would love to swap an ATC with you - I have one left after making a few extra. Great scrapbook layout - I remember the battle of choosing a Christmas tree each year with my dad and then getting it on top of the car! Ali x #7 Email me at teddybob@live.co.uk and I will reply with my address

Helen said...

Love the journal page and the title! great atcs!! Helen #5

sandra de said...

Lovely LO and great collection of ATC from the swap. Hope you have a great week.
sandra de 25

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha, love the title of that LO, great fun! You seem to be full of busyness this week, lol :-D
Hugs, LLJ 18 xxx

May said...

Love your page and the title is great... Great ATC's Have a happy crafty week ahead... May #19

Unknown said...

Would love to see your birthing partner page... the Christmas tree one is tame by comparison? Dxx 27

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the scrapbook LO. Title, topic and colour scheme work together brilliantly. Happy WOYWW Sarah #22

Bubbles said...

Had to have a close-up look at your scrapbook LO... and I love it! The title is great - and the tree looked as though it was a really nice one too :)
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Bubbles #31
http://patchworkapples.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/woyww-417.html

Diana Taylor said...

I love the green journal page - that's a great title! I'm a great user of lists too - I can't manage life without a load of lists to tell me what to do - and I get great satisfaction crossing things of them - in fact sometimes I'll add something extra I've done just so I can cross it off!
Hope my ATC to you turns up, if it doesn't let me know and I have a spare I'll pop in the post again - I've been having terrible trouble with our post lately - 15 items missing since October!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana x #23

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Love the scrapbook page. Made me realise that tomorrow we are into June, then it's all downhill to Christmas... oops!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Lindart said...

Your desk looks nice and busy! I love painting backgrounds - I especially like the one where you scrape the paint down with a credit card! I look forward to seeing what you make with your paint! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #41

lisa said...

I know what you mean about deadlines and things to do, I'm just the same, we have so many birthdays in June and I have a long list of cards to make. The trouble is the sun shines and then I don't want to be inside. I must get them done though. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the paint.
Hugs Lisax #26

P.s. I'd love to swap ATC's with you if you email me your addy. lisamello@sky.com

Katie @ Arnold's Attic said...

What a brilliant table of creativity.
I love the journaling - stunning pages!
Have a super week.
Katie xx

craftyani said...

Your desk is ok not in a state. Love the tree page how about turning it into a Christmas card. Anickoana #6

Kelly said...

Hi BJ.

Love your layout. I do understand the multiple deadlines and things getting out of hand. Sometimes seems like a Merry Go Round that refuses to stop and give me a break. I have one deadline I HAVE to meet today. The article is already a couple of days late. So much to try so little time. If you'd like to swap ATCs, just leave your info in the contact form on my blog. Creative Blessings! Kelly #36

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, sorry I'm late. I seem to be apologising for this on a regular basis at the moment. I have to say you have received some lovely ATCs but then I would Lol! Thanks for mine too, love it. Happy crafty belated woyww, Angela x21x

Elizabeth said...

Hi BJ, sorry to be so late but what's new - it seems I'm like the cow's tail, always behind! I like the title of your layout - I feel it's a play on something, I just can't remember what. I have a to-do list as long as my arm which I'm plodding through - everything will get done, eventually. That's a lovely collection of ATCs and I like the card too. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Elizabeth x #33