About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 30 August 2017

WOYWW #430 - Monkey Photos

OK so I wasn't going to post today as I haven't crafted BUT a geocaching friend posted a photo of himself and some monkeys "back in the day" and I remembered I had one of me likewise THEN I remembered I had a second one of me with a monkey AND a parrot. These will HAVE to be scrapbooked.


The first was taken in Brixham in May 1969 with the replica Golden Hind in the background. Apparently I was adamant I could hold the monkey and parrot on my own but my Mum thought otherwise! I was 5yrs old then.



The second was taken in Hamleys, London. Guess I was 7yrs by then in 1971, as my hair was now long and in a bun. The monkey was holding onto my hair!

So there we have it, a bit down memory lane asking for scrapbooking.

Just wondering if anyone else had similar photos taken, "back in the day"

Oh just remembered I DID get my inks out momentarily - I inked/stamped the paper for a geocaching trackable - the number for which I received as a gift for completing the Summer Pirate Challenge. And to think I have a photo of me with a parrot on my shoulder next to the Golden Hind - Ooohhh Arrrrhhh!






So full circle,

Geocaching Friend; Monkey Photos; Geocaching Pirate Trackable

Happy WOYWW Everyone.

14 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, fab photos from your childhood! Love the geotag too. nicely done. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

glitterandglue said...

Hi BJ. Oh my goodness. How young you are!!! I was engaged by the time your first photo was taken! Help - that makes me REALLY feel old... Great pictures - I have nothing like that from my own childhood.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi BJ, Love your childhood photos. I don't have any with animals, but there is one somewhere of my sister and I sitting on the school 'log' by the playground for our first school photo. Happy WOYWW Sarah #13

Plush Possum Studio said...

Aren't you glad you posted today? I know I am. Your childhood memory photos are very special. thanks for sharing those with us today.
Happy WOYWW!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

May said...

Fantastic childhood memories... thank you so much for sharing them with us,,,,
May #10

Jan said...

Happy WOYWW have a great week xx Jan (30)

Helen said...

great memories! Helen #1

Heather M said...

Hi BJ. Lovely photos. I have some black and white photos of me and my older brother and sister on Walking Day which must be in the late 60s. I wonder where I put them ... Have a lovely week, Heather #25

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ, great photos. Somewhere I know there are photographs where I have various animals with me, will have to see if I can find them. Have a great crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

April said...

No monkey photos for me. :-)
April #19

Lindart said...

Yes, back in the day, when I was about 11? We went to Acapulco and we saw a boa constrictor in the wild - I was the only one who would hold it while everyone else took photos. It was pretty big! But monkeys? When I was about 6 we went to the San Diego Zoo and there is a huge statue of a gorilla, we had our pictures taken hugging the gorilla! We used to have a wooly monkey as a pet when I was in high school, her name was Miss Marple, and yes, we also had 2 boa constrictors by then, a flying squirrel (after the monkey), a skunk (de-skunked), some chinchillas, and a coati mundi. I am quite happy now with just my Inky! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

lisa said...

Great photos, BJ and very important to get the memories down with them so perfect for scrapbooking.
I remember going to Hamleys as a child, it was like a wonderland.
Have a good week
Hugs Lisax #17

Christine said...

Love the full circle! Excellent post.
Christine #15

UplayOnline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.