About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Friday 2 February 2018

Candlemas

Yes it is Candlemas and time to take the tree down. It has done well having been up since 1st December, although I knew as soon as I touched it the needles would fall today.

So here is a before and after of the conservatory.

And the various stages of dismantling.

All the decorations neatly sorted ready for boxing.

The tree naked and lots of needle drop!

The tree outside, then with its branches removed and ready for the the stick pile at the end of the garden.

 


Hope hedgehog is hibernating there, added another layer of warmth for him/her.

Trimmed one of the ferns back too to give the snowdrops some light.

Lots more to tidy in the garden but I made a good start today.

And I went dancing this evening too, first time since before Christmas. I'm shattered.

2 comments:

Crafty Little Miss K said...

Aww, but of a shame when the tree comes down, whether it's 12th Night like in my house or Candlemas in yours. I always love seeing glimpses of your garden 😊
Karen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are the second person today to write about Candlemas. I'd never heard of it, even though I'm a British descendant. My trees were boxed and back to my basement the day after Christmas. I was SO ready to be over Christmas. I DID enjoy seeing the photos of the tree and of course, your beautiful yard. I've been telling all my European friends I've never seen snowdrops, except in photos. I don't think we have them here. They are beautiful, and I simply adore yours, as well as your yard.