About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my Blog. I'm an eclectic kind of crafter delving into many pots. I am just about managing to keep up my Scrapbooking Diary (usually about 6 months behind), plus any cards as required. I have a new found love of watercolour and Bible Journaling plus recently Junk Journaling too. Previously I've also dabbled in ATCs, Tags, Altered Books, Mixed Media, Art Journaling, Décopatch, Knitting, Crochet, and Embroidery amongst other things. I live in Surrey, UK with my husband, our son has left home now. For exercise I usually play Badminton and go Ballroom and Latin Dancing, but am plagued by a bad back. I like walking which I couple with Geocaching and sometimes Bouncing on my Rebounder (mini trampoline). I guess I am officially retired now. I am a born again Christian, currently worshiping at my local Vineyard Church.

Wednesday 21 March 2018

WOYWW #459 - Easter Cards

Last week I finished the mammoth task of cutting 1080 eggs for the church Children's Easter Day next Sunday. A super Easter Wreath.

I have got a sore neck from all the die cutting, but it's not too bad.


From the minimal waste papers I have managed to cut some small eggs and will be making Easter Cards with those.









I also received a new Quickutz alphabet courtesy of Julia's sale of Mary's craft supplies. It is the  Zelda one which I have always liked. It's a bit funky which certainly rings the changes. All I have managed to cut so far are my initials. I popped them on an ATC with my new Heart diecuts - nice Thanks JULIA super wrapping too.



And who spotted the WOYWW addition on my keyboard too?





Finally I made my March SWAP I used all items already cut as I just need a break from die-cutting just now.


Happy WOYWW Everyone.

15 comments:

Helen said...

love that atc! that is a mammoth die cutting session you had, you're lucky you didn't put your back out again! Helen #1

Neet said...

I first read that you had finished the mammoth task of "Eating" 1080 eggs. Eyes popped and I realised my mistake. Doh!
Love the wreath, and love the alphabet - now why did I not see it?
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi BJ, that is one great alphabet! Glad you are finished with the die cutting. The ATC is fabulous; such a good idea to use up your left over bits and pieces. Sarah #12

Julia Dunnit said...

Like the card for the swap, lots of purple Passion. I believe the best way to ease the ache is to stretch it gently the same way..or diecut another 1000 eggs using the other hand!! Glad you’re enjoying ownership of the alpha!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I like that alphabet too - how lovely that you bought some of Mary's stash. I met her many times at Julai's card workshop days and she was a really lovely woman. Your BJ initials are fab. And well done for rescuing some of those scraps to make mini eggs!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning BJ. 1080 eggs??!!! Boy, that was a mammoth session! But well done - I'm sure the youngsters will enjoy using them for the wreaths. That's a real fun alphabet - well spotted.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Sue said...

Hi BJ, You have been a busy (Easter) Bunny:)

Have fun with the dies.

Your ATC for March is lovely.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #14

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi BJ, great alpha you chose, so unusual. Good job with all those eggs, I'm sure the kids will have a lot of fun. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

Lillianb said...

Happy WOYWDW Great ATC and work desk,

Lilian B #17

Christine said...

One heck of a diecutting session! You'er braver than me ....
Love those wreaths.
have a good week
Christine #23

okienurse said...

busy desk again this week. Love the wreath and the ATC. I spent some time with the little Sidekick die cutting stuff. That little thing is really easy and fun! Just bought another Vagabond from a crafting friend that wanted to get rid of it for $15...a steal and I tried to pay her more but she wouldn't take it! Have a great week. Vickie #6

lisa said...

Well done on getting all the die cutting done and having enough bits to make such a lovely ATC. Gorgeous alphabet too, you can never have enough of those.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #22

April said...

Great Easter card. Looks like you're well on your way to making several more.
April #26

buterfliecrafter said...

Can imagine that you have a sore neck after all that cutting,the kids will be grateful,happy woyww, vicky#7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi BJ. Pleased to hear you managed to get all those eggs cut, well done. Late this week as I'm still trying to get back to normal after the trip away. Have a great belated woyww, Angela x17x